What Is The bRight Amount Of CBD Oil For Dogs?
Does your dog suffer from separation anxiety or noise phobias? You might not know, but CBD oil is as useful for the dog species as it is for the humans. The researchers have found that dogs can also use this oil without any adverse effects on their mental status. Once you know this, you might start wondering, “ how much CBD Oil should I give my dog?” Well here is some insight for you.
CBD Oil Dosage For Dogs:
The dosage may vary from dog to dog. It depends on their sizes, their problems, as well as the brand of the oil. You should get a proper understanding of the oil before using it for your dog. You should also consult with the vet of the dog. Many of the CBD oil bottles will have an appropriate dosage written on them. It is highly recommended to start with the lowest amount of oil. This is to see if the dog does not react abnormally after the oil treatment. Then, gradually keep increasing the dosage every 5 days, until the desired effect is not gained.
Overdosage Of The CBD Oil Of The Dogs:
It is very important to check the ingredients listed on the bottle of this oil. You should use an oil that has THC in it. It can make the dog intoxicated. If your dog has already consumed a THC contained oil, you should first consult to your vet.
If you suspect to have your dog consume an overdose of the oil, you should call the vet immediately. The signs and symptoms include:
- Unusual behavior.
Now, let’s know how the oil works:
The oil is first extracted from the marijuana plant through various processes. Such as:
- The carbon dioxide extraction method.
- Ethanol and canola oil method
- Rick Simpson method.
Once the oil reaches the bloodstream, it increases the production of endocannabinoids in the body. The endocannabinoids dissolve with the neurotransmitters of the nervous system. This mixture helps to slow down the impulses passing the neurons in the nerves. Since the impulses are slowed down, the reactions and the reflexes of the dog will also start to be calm and balanced.
Benefits Of CBD Oil:
- The oil is not psychoactive: It does not contain ant amount of THC, hence will not make the dog intoxicated.
- CBD Oil Reduces Anxiety: Due to the calming effect on the nerves, the oil will calm the dogs from fears and anxieties of separation.
- CBD can fight cancer: Hemp and cannabis plants have known to have an anti-tumor effect. It also helps the immune system to build up, that helps to kill damaged or dead cells in the body.
- Treats Epilepsy and seizures: The medicines for seizures given in the pharmacies can be harmful to the dog’s liver and other organs. But the CBD oil is natural hence, help to calm the nerves and reduce seizures and epilepsy episode.
- CBD relieves pain and inflammation: The CBD is also known as a pain suppressant, it also reduces inflammations in the intestines, or any other parts and organs.