Dogs are the best beings someone can have in their homes. Not only do they provide companionship, but they can fill in the gap of a trustworthy and loyal friend which one can’t otherwise find easily. They can help in ways that a human can’t and are highly therapeutic.
An unknown fact about these creatures is that they can replicate the state of mind of their owners. If you’re anxious around your dogs most of the times, it is possible that you might induce your anxiety in your dog.
In the initial stages, this is not seen, but can be seen when the dog starts behaving weirdly. In severe cases, it can lead to the dog indulging into acts that are otherwise irrational & erratic in nature.
If in case you do these things unconsciously, then you ought to take some steps to counter them. One of these steps can be supplementing their diet with CBD oil.
What Is CBD Oil?
CBD is an acronym for cannabidiol. This is a component which comes under the category of drugs called cannabinoid. This is extracted from marijuana and has similar properties that are extremely beneficial to us. But unlike marijuana, CBD doesn’t give you a “high” because of the almost zero THC content.
THC or tetrahydrocannabinol is a psychoactive component present in marijuana which makes a person high. In CBD, the case is otherwise and you get to experience all the benefits of marijuana without the high.
Another good news about this oil is that unlike marijuana, CBD oil is legal across all states in the US and is safe to use.
How Is CBD Oil Beneficial For Dogs?
Due to the low content of THC in this oil, it can be used to treat the mental health of our furry friends without any fear. It also has multiple benefits that you should be aware of and here’s a comprehensive list of those:
- Reduces Anxiety: sometimes, dogs get anxious around new people and while being in a public place.
- Can treat seizures and epilepsy: dogs who suffer from epileptic attacks and seizures are put under drugs like potassium bromide and phenobarbital. These drugs are
- Helps fight cancer: there have been so many studies that have shown that using CBD has helped in shrinking tumors within a span of months.
- Help with bowel disease and inflammations in the digestive tract: CBD helps in preventing gut motility and prevents colitis in inflammatory bowel diseases.
- Helps improve their appetite and developing hunger pangs: dogs who show symptoms of cancer or are recovering from any such conditions generally tend not to eat as much. CBD oil has shown to improve their appetite in addition to countering cancerous cells.
- Protects the nervous system from inflammations and nerve cell damage: there are several dogs who suffer from nervous conditions like degenerative myelopathy and other spine issues. CBD has shown a great effect on it and has shown to protect the brain cells from free radicals and toxins.
- An excellent pain-relief agent: dogs can also suffer from body pain and arthritis. As they age, their bones and joints can become weak and can cause pain. CBD will help them overcome this pain and provide them with relief.
Some Points To Keep In Mind While Buying The Best CBD Oil For Dogs
CBD oil is sold for all purposes and in different forms. However, you must choose the right one for your dog so that he/she can experience the complete benefits of the contents.
These points are:
- Don’t cheap out: high cost sometimes is the best due to the higher quality of the extract and also do to a more efficient method of extraction. It is worth the price you pay to ensure your dog’s well-being.
- Buy Organic: some oils contain additives like pesticides, preservatives, solvents, and fungicides. Make sure that the one you buy is organic and is free of all these.
- Buy the oil as a tincture: CBD oil is available in the form of treats too, but it not very effective, so to speak. Buying it in the form of a tincture will make sure that you can adjust the dosage in real-time, drop-by-drop.
- Analyze your oil: to make sure that your pet gets the complete benefits of the oil, the concentration of the oil is very important to know. Get your oil analyzed in a lab to know the actual CBD & THC content. You want to make sure that your dog isn’t acting crazy, so this is essential.
Add CBD into your dogs’ diet and make sure that they never have to suffer again. Whether they are recovering from a condition or they are going through something or if they show any symptoms, CBD can be a help to them.